1 office, 22 people, 5 disciplines and the occasional office Labradoodle! New Building Surveyor job offering a competitive salary and a multitude of soft benefits within a company that has progression built in to its business plan… and an office ping pong table!
Located 4 minutes from the M4, with free parking at the office, this multi-disciplinary consultancy offers a diverse and friendly working environment where partners work side-by-side with the rest of the team on two floors of modern, open-plan offices.
With both male and female partners and a diverse workforce that includes staff from Poland, South Africa, Argentina, France, Iraq and Kenya, this diverse team works across a number of project sectors, including; commercial, education, healthcare, residential and refurbishment.
This new opening for a Building Surveyor is part of the company’s 5 year growth plan, demonstrating the company’s strategic direction and ability to offer genuine progression opportunities.
- The successful applicant will hold a relevant BSc or MSc in Building Surveying or other relevant qualification
- You will ideally be a full member of the RICS (MRICS) although his is not essential
- 0-3 years post qualification experience
- You will have excellent communication skills and be happy liaising with client, contractors and colleagues
- You will be proficient in AutoCAD
- You will be a team player, keen for a friendly working environment
Roles & Responsibilities:
To provide professional advice and services to clients with regard to all construction and property related matters including but not limited to: a variety of building surveys; schedules of condition; party wall matters; dilapidations; measured surveys; technical drawing work; design and specification; and, contract administration.
- Develop the client brief
- Undertake building surveys, condition surveys and pre-acquisition surveys; and, prepare relevant survey reports
- Undertake inspections of and advise on property defects together with proposed remedial works
- Undertake surveys and prepare schedules of condition
- Undertake surveys and prepare first schedules
- Undertake surveys and prepare photo schedules
- Undertake surveys, where necessary, and prepare lease plans
- Conduct measurement of buildings, and prepare area measure reports, in accordance with the current RICS Code of Measuring Practice
- Prepare as existing site plans, floor plans, elevations and cross sections where necessary
- Prepare design drawings to stage 3 and technical drawings to stage 4 of the RIBA Plan of Work
- Liaise with and produce information (including drawings) for statutory and local authority’s approvals
- Prepare schedules of work and specifications
- Collate and organise technical information
- Investigate technical information and factors that affect developments / projects
- Advise on the procurement of survey works required for the successful completion the project
- Advise on the procurement of construction consultants necessary for the successful completion of projects; and, co-ordinate and liaise with the same
- Carry out all elements of contract administration to include pre and post contract services
- Prepare and serve party wall notices; and, prepare, negotiate where necessary and serve party wall awards on appointing owners
- Review lease clauses, prepare / review interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations
- Assess, defend and enforce dilapidations claims
- To ensure compliance with CDM Regulations and all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
To provide, where appropriate, technical advice and support in relation to the delivery of the following professional services:
- Building & Pre-acquisition Surveys
- Condition Surveys
- Building Pathology / Defects Surveys
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Surveying
- Dilapidations Assessment & Negotiation
- Area Measures (GEA, GIA & NIA)
- Measured surveys & Lease Plans
- First Schedules
- Design & Specification (including all statutory consents)
- Planning and Building Regulations Applications
- Alterations, Refurbishment & Repairs
- Contract Administration & Employers Agent
- Project Management
The above list is not exhaustive but covers the majority of the professional services offered by the Building Surveying department.
Salary & Package:
Our client is offering a salary of between £45,000 – £55,000 + package, as follows: –
- 20 days’ holiday as standard, rising on each year of employment
- 3 additional holiday days’ to cover the Christmas/New Year gap
- Employee Assistance Program – Telephone helpline 24/7/365. Whether you need advice, have questions or issues that need resolving. Whether personal or business this service is fully confidential.
- Death in service
- Free office parking (office is 4 mins from M4 and close to a train station)
- Free fruit delivery twice a week
- Staff summer party/team building event
- Christmas dinner/dance with hotels etc paid for and partners invited
- Numerous charity events throughout the year
- Childcare vouchers
- Numerous additional benefits through busy bees benefits e.g. car deals, phone deals, shopping vouchers etc.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about this role, please apply with your CV ASAP – [email protected] or call us on 01243 933 263.
If this isn’t the right Surveyor job for you, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Building Surveyor jobs across London and the South East.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists