1 office, 22 people, 5 disciplines and the occasional office Labradoodle! New Quantity Surveyor job offering a competitive salary and a multitude of soft benefits within a company that has progression built in to its business plan… and an office ping pong table!
Located 4 minutes from the M4, with free parking at the office, this multi-disciplinary consultancy offers a diverse and friendly working environment where partners work side-by-side with the rest of the team on two floors of modern, open-plan offices.
With both male and female partners and a diverse workforce that includes staff from Poland, South Africa, Argentina, France, Iraq and Kenya, this diverse team works across a number of project sectors, including; commercial, education, healthcare, residential and refurbishment.
This new opening for a Quantity Surveyor is part of the company’s 5 year growth plan, demonstrating the company’s strategic direction and ability to offer genuine progression opportunities.
- The successful applicant will hold a relevant BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification
- 2+ years post graduate experience
- Have a good understanding of construction design, methods and technologies and be able to interpret information from drawings etc.
- Understand and have a knowledge of building law, health & Safety and legislation relevant to the construction industry and to specific building types.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Being able to works as a team
- You will have excellent communication skills and be happy liaising with client, contractors and colleagues
Roles & Responsibilities:
The job encompasses taking control of the financial management of construction projects and acting as Contract Administrator/Project Manager in order to provide genuine value for money for all parties to the building contract. Projects may comprise New Build, Refurbishment or Alteration Works. To be effective the role requires a combination of technical competence and business acumen. Cost and Risk Management expertise together with good communication skills are essential attributes. Involvement in construction projects will be from the earliest stages right through to completion. The role works under the direction of a partner or other senior members of the practice but minimal supervision and independent working is expected.
- Develop the client brief.
- Carrying out feasibility studies in order to test the Client’s budget.
- Preparing Elemental Cost Plans.
- Preparing Risk Analysis evaluations.
- Preparing tender documentation, coordinating and reporting on the tender process.
- Preparing, collating and organising contract/technical documentation.
- Investigate technical information and factors that affect developments / projects
- Advise on the procurement of survey works required for the successful completion the project.
- Advise on the procurement of construction consultants necessary for the successful completion of projects; and, co-ordinate and liaise with the same.
- Carry out all elements of Contract Administration to include pre and post contract services.
- Monitoring each stage of the development process to ensure that costs are in line with forecasts and budgets and providing cost control throughout the duration of the project.
- Providing Value Management analysis.
- Providing Life Cycle Cost advice.Providing Financial Progress Reports to Clients.
- Preparing Interim Payments.
- Agreeing Final Account.
- Advising Clients on legal and contractual matters.
- Acting on Clients behalf in order to resolve disputes.
- Advising clients on the financial feasibility of their project
- Meeting and liaising with clients and designers etc and establishing good working relationships with relevant contacts
- Advising clients at all stages of a project on cost, risk and contractual matters
- Attending regular meetings with clients, designers, contractors and other specialists including engineers, to make sure that their buildings meet the necessary standards and working closely with construction specialists on site
Teamwork and management
- Working as part of a team on larger projects
- Managing a small team providing guidance and delegation as necessary
- Other duties, as deemed necessary for the proper performance of this role
Salary & Package:
Our client is offering a salary of between £35,000 – £55,000 + package, as follows: –
- 20 days’ holiday as standard, rising on each year of employment
- 3 additional holiday days’ to cover the Christmas/New Year gap
- Employee Assistance Program – Telephone helpline 24/7/365. Whether you need advice, have questions or issues that need resolving. Whether personal or business this service is fully confidential.
- Death in service
- Free office parking (office is 4 mins from M4 and close to a train station)
- Free fruit delivery twice a week
- Staff summer party/team building event
- Christmas dinner/dance with hotels etc paid for and partners invited
- Numerous charity events throughout the year
- Childcare vouchers
- Numerous additional benefits through busy bees benefits e.g. car deals, phone deals, shopping vouchers etc.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about this role, please apply with your CV ASAP – [email protected] or call us on 01243 933 263.
If this isn’t the right Surveyor job for you, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Quantity Surveyor jobs across London and the South East.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists