Our client is a Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with a key focus on Social Housing in the North West.
Offering core services across the Social Housing sector our client is currently searching for Quantity Surveyors to aid the growth in their New Build Development team.
The successful applicant will be a Quantity Surveyor with 2+ years’ post qualification experience and proven experience on Social Housing projects. You will have drive, enthusiasm, commitment to quality service and an ambition to succeed and in return our client will offer a genuine opportunity to progress your career in a structured business environment.
– Proven track record in Social Housing projects
– Qualified with BSc in Quantity Surveying or HNC in Construction
– Experience in commercial negotiation
– Effective communication skills
– Competent IT skills
– Experience managing own projects
– Experience on New Build Sites
– Liaising and negotiating with contractors
Role & Responsibilities:
To manage the financial and contractual aspects of a number of new Build Social Housing projects. To ensure that financial profitability and the entire commercial aspects of all projects under their control are managed effectively and profitably within the existing frameworks to ensure the preparation of tenders and manage the commercial position of the Company.
– Design and Contract Administration
– To maximise the profitability of each project
– To understand the tendering process and be able to create the appropriate tender documents.
– Sign off commercial agreements with sub-contractors and/or suppliers
– Maximise value/income on a monthly basis
– To manage the contractual position of the Company at all stages of a project, managing the compliance of the Company and sub-contractors.
– Setting terms of contracts with subcontractors, protecting the Company’s legal position.
– Ensuring that the enquiry, quotation and order processes are efficiently carried out.
– Manage the timing of purchasing against the procurement plan.
– Ensure the accurate and timely payment of supply chain
– Make decisions based upon the monthly reporting and CVR process and report to Senior Management.
– Review the client reporting process
– Discussing and resolving day-to-day issues with clients..
Salary & Package:
Along with excellent on-going training and development, our clients’ remuneration package includes basic salary between £32k-£37k pa dependant on experience, car/ car allowance, BUPA Healthcover and a company Pension Scheme.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about the role please do not hesitate to apply ASAP with an updated copy of your CV.
If this isn’t the right job for you, don’t hesitate to call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has Quantity Surveying jobs across Yorkshire and the North West and would be happy to work on a bespoke search for you.
HD Surveyors – The Surveying Recruitment Specialists