Up to £60,000 + Package
Excellent opportunity in Guildford to join a modern Building Consultancy with excellent progression opportunities and a refreshing approach to keeping a happy workforce.
Our client is the UK’s largest independent commercial property management and building consultancy firm, with over 600 staff and 11 offices across the UK.
They specialise in Building Consultancy and Project Management and have over 30 years’ experience in the industry with Building Surveyors and Project Managers sitting side by side and benefitting from their complementary skill sets.
With a refreshing approach to keeping a happy workforce, they offer excellent opportunities for progression and career development. Unlike some of the larger consultancies, individual merit is the key driver for progression rather than length of service, ensuring that hard work is recognised and rewarded. There are also clear pathways to progression within the firm.
Currently undergoing a period of sustained growth, they are now recruiting for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor for their new Guildford office.
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills with gravitas amongst clients
- Team management experience
- Positive attitude, effective time management skills and ability of manage own work load within required deadlines
Roles & Responsibilities:
- A full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial.
- Clients are principally institutions (pension funds, insurance companies etc) and property companies so experience with these types of client is essential. (They do little work for tenants, developers and very little residential).
- Instructions are typically split about 50:50 between professional work and contract work. Nearly all work is in relation to existing buildings often with a landlord/tenant aspect.
- Professional work will include Schedules of Dilapidations (usually acting for the landlord), pre-acquisition surveys, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, schedules of condition.
- Contract work can typically range from £10k to £3million where they can be performing in the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or a hybrid of all three. In addition, they are currently performing the role of project manager of multi-discipline teams for instructions currently range from £2.5million to £18million.
- Work is split about 60% from the property management portfolio and about 40% from clients where they do not have a management brief.
- They have a CAD team who do the majority of the drawing work but that apart, they try to give all building surveyors a mixture of work – Their experience is that the best surveyors are those who are the well-rounded.
- Salary & Package:
- Our client offers an excellent, competitive package up to £60,000 with yearly salary reviews and a range of benefits to suit your personal needs.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about this role, please apply with your CV ASAP – [email protected] or call us on 01243 933 263.
If this isn’t the right Surveyor job for you, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Building Surveyor jobs across London and the South East.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists