£65,000 – £75,000 + Car + Package
Our client is an award winning Developer creating residential and mixed-use projects across London. With numerous landmark developments in their portfolio they are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to head up a team of 4 surveyors for a new and exciting project in London.
This exciting project has attracted a highly passionate team of professionals to this high profile project.
The successful applicant will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of leading teams on large scale mixed-use developments.
- Commercial Awareness
- At least 5 years experience in brownfield development or construction related industries
- Experience of package accounts from procurement to final account
- Professional approach required to meet programme delivery
- Cost control skills and experience of change management
- Good computer skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Surveyor, you will liaise with the following departments; land, technical, construction, sales, finance and other members of the commercial team.
- Propose any suitable changes on design that will improve buying saving, ease construction method and/or programme, enhance specification and quality.
- Preparation and completion of the Commercial Monitor.
- Prepare and complete Commercial Monitor Reconciliation on a monthly basis to highlight areas of overspend or savings thus appropriate action can be taken
- Ensure in receipt of and fully aware of all information at Estimating/Surveying handover.
- Agree Preliminaries with Estimator and Construction Manager, monitor, report and action if variances are incurred, or likely to be incurred.
- Produce Prelim Programme for use and monitoring of prelims allowances on site.
- Check and agree development build budget. (Agree coding with Estimator)
- Provide feedback from completed developments to estimating department.
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work on developments to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness.
- Prepare and input white card payment schedule on computer system
- Assume day to day responsibility for the valuation of all site works using the white card.
- Undertake office administration duties as necessary
- Understand and implement the requirements of the company TQM
- Monitor the contra-charges of costs between subcontractors and to be aware of’the financial implications should the subcontractor responsible not be able to fulfil its obligations to the
- Company and advise the Commercial Director.
- Assume day to day responsibility for the production of weekly/monthly subcontract and variation payments and present for authorisation to Commercial Director,
- Ensure the technical variation orders are obtained and priced from the Technical Department within required time allowance and amendments to subcontract orders are implemented.
- Negotiate the best possible price with sub-contractor for any extra works identified. Agree the cost/savings of variation order with the subcontractors. Present explanation of variance reports to Commercial Director.
- To ensure that all purchasers requests for extra works are priced accurately and returned at the appropriate time to the Sales Department with due reference to Construction manager and state of construction.
- Ensure the smooth operation of’the day to day computer function as it relates to the Surveying Department and to advise the Commercial Director of any new developments in this computerisation process considered beneficial to the Company’s performance
- Actively participate in site project meeting and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved.
- Provide the necessary back-up information to the construction team to enable established methods to be implemented on site.
- Maintain a responsible attitude to quality to encourage customers to buy the Company’s product.
- Keep abreast of market and industry sector trends
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with external resources and suppliers, and the general public that will reflect favourably upon him/herself and Company
- Reviewing the training needs of subordinate staff.
- Attending training courses as required.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required.
- Promote and implement the philosophy of customer care, quality product and service, health and safety.
- Ensures tasks delegated by the Commercial Director and others are completed on time and to the required standard and accuracy.
- Participates in the weekend awareness rota.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be requested of the job holder from time to time
Salary & Package:
Our client offering a competitive salary c.£65,000 – £75,000 dependant on experience plus £5K car allowance, BUPA and 6% pension.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about the role please don’t hesitate to apply with an updated copy of your CV.
If this is not the right job for you, don’t hesitate, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has Quantity Surveying jobs across London and the home counties and is happy to work on a bespoke search for you.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists